Hello, you beautiful people.
Today, is definitely a messy bun, get shit done kind off day. Recently I seem to be slowly getting on top of my life. Bills, work, blogging can all get a bit too much. Before I ramble on I am so grateful for the life I have, but if some one wanted to give me a few extra hours in the day I’d be very happy.
As a slight work-a-holic, I tend to create a little bubble, anything not directly associated to said bubble kind of falls by the way side. So, to the Uni girls, my best mates and my mum- I’m sorry but I hope you understand.
Being a work-a-holic (especially when it comes to my blog) means I will always seek out an opportunity to write. I come home from work and spend hours drafting and re-drafting posts. I am fully aware that I won’t be taking over the world with my sarcastic whit, but that doesn’t mean I can’t create an online space I can be proud off.
Now,, I hate to break it to you, us work-a-holics, kind of have traits which others can spot a mile off. So, if you identify with the following, you may just be part of the work-a—holic crew.
- You will stay up to 2 o’clock on a school night, because you have the ‘creative flow’ going on. And, yes, you will subsequently regret it to the MAX the following morning.
- You have a note book filled with ideas at the side of your bed which continues to be filled with rubbish ideas. Cause seriously who wouldn’t want to read ’50 reasons why, Yorkshire Puddings are better than Pancakes’.
- You focus on the little pathetic things which no one else would notice. Seriously, no one really cares if your title is in capital letters.
- You organise your organisation tools. We all know those slightly over the top, colour co-ordinated plans, which look like some cryptic nonsense created by a long lost civilisation.
- You feel guilty for not working. I am MASSIVELY GUILTY, about this I feel so bad if I don’t work on my blog. Its a burden we must bare if we don’t want to end up in the looney bin.
- Yes, 1 O’clock in the morning, a perfect time to plan 40 post, 6 challenges and 12 Instagram posts. Logical.
- And finally, you can’t remember a time where you put yourself first and put down, the computer.
Sorry to have burst your bubble, but if you relate to about three of these points you are a massive work-a-holic. I am, so you’re in great company! In all seriousness, if you do work until you don’t know what day it is- its time to have a night off.
Are you a work-a-holic? Let me know if you have any of these traits in the comments!